Sunday, April 1, 2012

Black Swan meets Swan Lake

Last night I was so excited to see the Los Angeles Ballet Company perform their take on Swan Lake (so excited in fact, that I've had the tickets since last August, before the building was even completed!).  My husband and I arrived a bit early so that we could check out the new Valley Performing Arts Center (California State University, Northridge), and it did not disappoint.  I love the outside glass design as well the beautiful angular shapes throughout the inside of the building.  We had amazing seats for Swan Lake (after all, I think I was one of the first people to purchase them, haha), so we had a great time at the show.  I have always been a fan of classical ballet, and was especially impressed by the acts the dancers did as a group at the lake (as swans).  I think I will be purchasing tickets to see Bolshoi Ballet perform Swan Lake when they come in June of this year.  I know the production from Bolshoi will be epic.


For the event last night, I chose to pair high-waisted black pants with a silk shirt from the Hello Kitty for Forever 21 line (we'll get into my Hello Kitty obsession another time!), a small Louis Vuitton clutch, and Louboutins.  What do you think about my look for the ballet?








Coat: Burberry
Shirt: Hello Kitty for Forever 21
Pants: Madewell
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Earrings: Betsey Johnson

(Top Photo via LA Times, Bottom Photo via LA Weekly) 


31 comments:

  1. I have seen Swan Lake performed by the Bolshoi Ballet and it is an unforgettable experience!

    By the way, your outfit is amazing!

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments The Scent of Glamour!!

      I am definitely very excited to check out Bolshoi Ballet!!

      Delete
  2. i have just discovered your blog. Your blog is interesting, adorable! Look fashionable and i like your style. Mind to follow each other?

    www.modishYou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much modishYou!!! Yes, let's definitely follow each others blogs!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog! You had me at HELLO KITTY. I am completely obsessed with kitty and have loved her since I was 2. I know we'll make great blog friends! Following you now! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It's always nice to have friends who love Hello Kitty as much as I do!!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment :))
    I guess it is very important to use good hair products - shampoo, conditioner and a mask. Since I color my hair, I use nutrition products primarily. And I use a hair straightener every day and a lot of hairspray. I hope this info is helpful ;))

    Desislava
    http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit, I have the same pair of shoes exept in black! So stunnning x

    x
    www.shades-of-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Maggies are definitely one of my favorite pairs of Louboutins!

      Delete
  6. Hello lovely, thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog. I'd be happy to follow each other. I'll start, hope you'll follow.

    xoxo
    www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow you!! I'm adding you now!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely compliment! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a big fan of your blog already. Pretty sure I'm gonna be a regular. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww how sweet. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  9. I love your outfit here! Your shoes are amazing! I love the fun print of your blouse too! I just found your blog, you have great style! If you have a sec, I'd love for you to check out my blog =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind compliments! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  10. Nice shoes!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shoes are amazing!!!
    great sense of style!

    If you'd like, check out my blog =)
    www.studsandsapphires.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lillian! I will definitely check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  12. This outfit is amazing! I love how you take a very classic jacket and mix it with a playful blouse and fun shoes. Perfect for the ballet!

    ReplyDelete