You know those tees and tanks that look like they have a necklace attached? Ya, you know the ones. Well, I really like the idea of one, but I couldn't seem to find one as detailed and let's face it--blingy--as I wanted it. The ones I kept seeing had simple prints of plain necklaces, or when the designs did get fancier, they still remained flat. So, I purchased some metallic paint, glitter, and 3-D stones and created my own!
Things you will need for this DIY: a plain tee. (I chose white, but you can choose any color you want. I got one for $5 at Michaels.) You will also need metallic paint, a couple of other craft paint colors of your choice, and glitter paint. (Metallic/craft paint is around $1/small bottle & glitter around $2/small bottle at places like Michaels & Jo-Ann's). You will also need a few sizes of paint brushes. As mentioned in my previous DIY's, you can buy a pack of 5 cheap brushes for a few dollars at craft stores). You will also need jewels, which can get a bit pricey if you choose to go all out. The jewels I purchased were around $2 a pack at Michaels, and I also used a few sizes of flatback pearls (here are over 2000 options of pearls on etsy). Lastly, you need some adhesive and scissors.
Ok, so let's begin!!
1. Gather your materials.
2. I started by cutting the sleeves and collar off of my shirt to make it look more edgy/punk. You can decide how you want your tee/tank to look!
It's ready to go!
3. Start by painting simple flat shapes onto the shirt using various types of paint (glitter, metallic & plain colors). This will be the design of your "necklace".
4. Once your flat shapes have been painted, you can attach the stones onto them using adhesive to create a 3-D effect.
5. You can lay the stones however you choose within the flat painted shapes. I chose to put them in the middle and around the edges to create a cool effect.
6. After all the stones are laid within the shapes, "connect" each shape using either paint or stones. This will make your necklace complete and make it appear as though each stone is attached.
7. Wear and enjoy!!
What do you guys think about this DIY? Will you try it?
AND PLEASE Don't forget to follow on Facebook (where I post sneak peeks of my DIY projects), on BlogLovin' and now on LookBook!
And now you can PIN this to your Pinterest below!!!