You guys probably know by now that I'm obsessed with skulls. Like really obsessed. And I've totally been digging slip-on loafer-style shoes too. So when I found a super-clearance plain black pair last week, I bought them immediately and decided to do my own skull design instead of buying a pair with the design. To be honest though, if I ever find a really great deal on a McQueen pair, I still might splurge. :)
What you will need for this DIY: a pair of flat shoes (I bought a loafer-style pair). You will also need craft paint in a color of your choice (I chose silver), a small paintbrush, a pencil, rhinestones in a color of your choice (I chose green) and gem-tac (or some other type of adhesive) to secure the rhinestones onto the shoes.
Are you ready to begin?
1. Gather your materials. (Note that I have clear rhinestones in the photo but I ended up using green ones instead.)
2. Lightly draw in pencil an outline of your design.
3. Color in your design with the craft paint. I used two coats of paint, allowing about 5 minutes of dry time in between layers.
4. Begin adding the rhinestones around the edge of the design. Secure them tightly using the gem-tac or other adhesive.
5. Continue until all the sides have been covered with rhinestones.
6. For a sparkly touch, add glitter into the extra space using glitter paint.
They are finished!
7. Wear & enjoy!
What did you guys think about this DIY? Will you be trying it?
Have a great weekend! And yes, I'm still on the couch recovering from my tonsils!
Also, congrats to Yi-chia of Always Maylee- you are the winner of the Rire Giftcard Giveaway- I'll be sending you a message later today! :)